Friday, May 1, 2009

My man Dan, and the Palace of Alice





Here I am visiting my new hero, Dan. Dan is that blur of movement behind an enormous teddy bear and he is wonderful! He showed me how to bounce up and down on the sofa and how to throw the teddy onto the floor and then tumble headfirst over the back of the sofa to get it. Dan is very clever - he speaks Hebrew and Dutch. I only speak baby language but we seemed to understand each other very well.

He also shared his favourite Israeli snack, Bamba, with me and I ate so much I could hardly move. Yum yum!!
Here he is with his mum, Hila, his dad, Dave and his new little sister Noa. They live in Leiderdorp, near Leiden. Noa is only ten weeks old and already has two teeth.

You can also see Alice, who very kindly moved out of her apartment to stay with Annamarie so we could stay there the whole time we were in Leiden. It was a palace: the Palace of Alice.

2 comments:

  1. I love Bamba too. I was introduced to this food from the gods by my dear friend Hagit/ As we hitch hiked from darwin to broome we feasted on this deliciousness that is Bamba. Ruben, who was just started to grow in my tummy, also remembers the taste fondly.

    Importantly, many people are asking when the travelling wubba arrives home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wubba and her team of bearers will enplane from Heathrow on 19 May and arrive back in the colonies on 20 May. She will be available for social engagements from 21 May onward. xxx

    ReplyDelete